Southern India-WIldlife & Birding
- 10 days/ 9 nights
- Scheduled dates: 2018: Feb 18-26. Northern Extension: Feb 26-Mar 3
- Price: $2995 per person double occupancy
- Single supplement: please enquire
- Ask about northern India extension - New Delhi, Taj Majal, Jaipur
We are excited to offer our first trip to India, concentrating on the southern region, beginning and ending at the Bangalore airport. This itinerary focuses on the birds and mammals and should exciting. We stay in two forest lodges, one in Dandeli in Western Ghats and the other in Kabini. We are pleased to be working with Bamboo Rustles..
Dandeli in Western Ghats is a bio-diversity treasure trove. With luck, we may see the rare Great Indian Hornbill, the largest of the hornbills. Other birds found here include the Pied Hornbill, the Malabar Hornbill, Serpent Eagles, Shamas, Scarlet Minivets, Emerald Pigeons, Malabar Trogans, Flameback Woodpeckers and many more! This area has also reported sightings of the rare melanistic leopard - the black panther. The forests here have Nilgiri langurs, leopards, common palm civets, sloth bears, flying squirrels, malabar gaint squirrels and many more species of mammals.
Kabini is one of the most amazing nature reserves in India, where you can find herds of elephant at the grassy riverbanks of the Kabini river and may find Blossom-headed Parakeets calling overhead while we are cruising the jungles! Local guides will show us Changeable Hawk Eagle, Paradise Flycatcher, Yellow Footed Pigeon and many, many more!
- Accommodations: Modern hotel in Bangalore, Kabini River cottages, Dandeli tent camp, private baths with hot water.
- Included: Most meals, all ground transportation, domestic flights, train travel, safaris daily, taxes, tips to staff at lodges, drivers, restaurants
- Not included: Personal expenses, laundry, drinks, travel insurance, visa, trip to guides, camera fees
Bring: Binoculars, camera, more details given on registration