Panama Canal Expansion Tour-5 days/4 nights
Once in a lifetime -
See the expansion of the Panama Canal from several different angles
- Pace: Fairly easy, some walking in warm conditions. Comfortable accommodations, 1 hotel
- 5 days/4 nights
- Scheduled dates: 2016: Jun 23-27
- Price: $995 per person/double in Canal View rooms at Country Inn Panama Canal. Single supplement: $125
- Price: $1195 per person/double in Waldorf Astoria . Single supplement: $225
A unique opportunity, once in a lifetime, to see the expansion of the Panama Canal from several different angles. The existing canal and lock system has operated for over 100 years, and now after several years with delays, the Agua Clara expansion is just about ready to serve the world's commerce. Join us and see it now, in its final stages of preparation. Plus - see the canal from the Miraflores locks on the Pacific side, visit an Embera village of indigenous people who have lived along the Chagres River for years, and ride the Trans-Canal Rail, the first transcontinental railroad line in the Americas.
- Accommodations: your choice, Country Inn or the Waldorf Astoria
- Country Inn has a privileged location, overlooking the Panama Canal entrance on the Pacific side. Rooms are spacious, private bath, comfortable for a standard hotel.
- The new Waldorf Astoria, the first in Latin America, opened recently in downtown Panama City. These trendy digs offer gorgeous rooms, a great spa, fitness center, several restaurants and of course, Waldorf Astoria service.
- Included: Roundtrip airport transfers, 4 nights hotel with taxes and daily breakfast, tours as listed with bi-lingual guide and transportation, 3 lunches on tour
- Not included: international airfare, meals not listed, gratuities (guides, drivers, boatmen, waitstaff, bellmen, maids), insurance, alcohol, personal expenses.
Bring: Casual throughout, comfortable walking shoes, camera, sunscreen, bug juice, binoculars