Mexico-Kayak & Yoga-8nts
- Pace: 2.5-5 hours kayak daily, yoga practice and meditation. Beginner to Intermediate. Fully catered.
- 9 days/8 nights
- Scheduled dates: Mar 15-23
- Price: $1400 per person/double
Combine yoga to your kayaking around Espiritu Santo. What could be better?
Espiritu Santo is one of the planet’s iconic sea-kayaking destinations. The UNESCO site and Mexican National Park island provides unbeatable scenery and spectacular camping beaches. We recommend that it is placed at the top of everyone’s “bucket list”!! Join us for 7 days sea-kayaking around the island in state of the art expedition sea-kayaks. The rugged shoreline, off-shore islands and series of headlands and deep bays make each day a new adventure. The west coast of Espiritu is studded with some of the most spectacular white, sandy bays you can imagine while the east coast has enormous towering cliffs, bizarre rock formations and alluring sea caves. After paddling approximately 3-4 hours each day we will have plenty of time to snorkel, swim with sea lion pups, hike intriguing volcanic arroyos, bathe in the glorious Baja sun, watch manta rays leap up out of the water, admire a school of dolphins, explore hidden inland lagoons, sip a margarita and relax in great company. Isla Espiritu Santo really is paddling in paradise.
The wildlife is amazing - Californian Sea-lions, tropical fish, endemic ring-tailed cat (Babisuri), whales (seasonal), dolphins, manta rays, Pelicans, Blue-footed Boobies, Ospreys, Frigates, Herons and Egrets.
Yoga session while cooks are preparing your dinner. Evening meditation.
- Accommodations: Camping with 2 nights in La Paz hotel.
- Included: Certified, bi-lingual naturalist guide(s) & cook(s). Singles and/or double kayaks, all kayaking gear, camping equipment, transportation to and from your La Paz hotel to the Island. All food and beverages during expedition including, cold beers, happy hour and wine with evening meal. Two nights hotel in La Paz. Farewell Dinner in La Paz restaurant.
- Not included: International air, Airport Transfers
Bring: Swim wear, towel, Tevas, hiking shoes, sunscreen, bug juice, flashlight, sleeping bag (or rent), yoga mat. Details on booking. Available for rent: Sleeping bags, snorkel sets and wet suits.
* This trip is Fully Catered, and a motor boat (panga) escorts the group and transports all your gear from one camp to the next. This means that your kayak is light and of course, there is no need to pack and unpack it each day. As well as your kayak guides, you have a cook and cook’s assistant, so while you are out paddling, hiking or snorkeling your next meal is being prepared and our crew takes care of all the washing up. Also, having a motor boat along means that we are able to take ice chests full of cold beer and other refreshing beverages. We are also able to offer a more flexible program. For instance, younger children may choose to ride in the panga to the next camping beach. We can also provide side trips to otherwise inaccessible snorkeling locations or go on a fishing trip to catch dinner. We can carry larger shades, tables and chairs so camping becomes a more comfortable experience. You will even have a solar shower to rinse off at the end of each day. Please note that we still require your assistance to set and take down your own tent and help loading and unloading the boat every time we change camp.