Explore Costa Rica-8 nts
Costa Rica's 3 top nature locations in one week
- Pace: Active, rafting, hiking, but not extreme
- 9 days/ 8 nights
- Scheduled dates: Begin any day
- Price: 2104/15: Standard hotels*: $2150 per person/double. Deluxe hotels**: $3470 per person/double (holiday surcharges may apply)
This 8 night itinerary combines what we feel are the three natural highlights of Costa Rica: the Pacuare River, Arenal Volcano and the beautiful beaches of Manuel Antonio.
Your eco-adventure begins with a river rafting trip down Costa Rica´s wildest and most scenic river, the Pacuare. Once threatened with a dam, the Pacuare is known to be one of the most thrilling rides in the world. You arrive on Class II and III rapids, and depart on Class III and IV - anyone can do it. Staying two nights in the jungle along the river's edge is as peaceful as it gets. You'll get a different perspective of the jungle on a canopy zip-line beside the river. Then on to Arenal Volcano area, where you spend two nights. Visit the national park with a naturalist guide and walk the Hanging Bridges. An a visit to Arenal is not complete without a dip in the thermal hot springs! Spend your last few nights in Manuel Antonio beach, and take a guided tour of Costa Rica's most favorite national park.
- Accommodations: All good hotels, private bath with hot water - 1st & last nights in San Jose, 2 nights each Pacuare River, Arenal, Manuel Antonio
- Included: 8 nights hotel with tax, daily breakfast, full board on Pacuare River, rafting guide and all equipment, guided hikes at Arenal & Manuel Antonio national parks and Hanging Bridges, and entry to Ecotermales Hot Springs, all ground transportation. (optional flight from Arenal to Manuel Antonio at additional cost)
- Not included: International airfare, departure taxes, meals not listed, alcohol, insurance
Bring: Swimsuit, band for sunglasses, sunblock, insect repellent, good walking shoes, river sandals. More details on booking.
*Standard hotels: San Jose-Holiday Inn downtown, Pacuare River Lodge, Arenal Observatory Lodge, Manuel Antonio-Hotel Si Como No
** Deluxe hotels: San Jose-Grano de Oro, Pacuare Lodge, Arenal Nayara, Manuel Antonio-Hotel Arenas del Mar