- Pace: Easy going, some walking, warm weather
- 8 days/7 nights
- Scheduled dates: 2018 Feb 17-24
- Price: 2018-$2495 per person double, with 14.
- (with 12-$2695, with 10-$2795, with 8-$2895, with 6-$3295)
- Single supplement $595.
- DOWNLOAD DETAILED ITINERARY
- Read about the Cuban food scene
Used to be you didn’t travel to Cuba for the food, but all that has changed. The food scene in Havana, and beyond, is attracting attention worldwide.
This beautiful Caribbean island has plenty of sun, rich soil, and abundant rain, but for decades under the Soviets, just about all their food – except sugar – was imported. Once the Soviets pulled out, Cubans had to start all over. With no pesticides, organic was the only option. Anyone with a piece of land or even a rooftop began growing and selling produce. Skilled home cooks began serving meals to travelers, which morphed into the paladar (Spanish for palate) movement, and now these private home restaurants are part of the entrepreneurial workforce promoted by President Raul Castro.
We’ll dine in several of the best paladares, take a cooking class to learn traditional dishes, visit tobacco farms, cook some fresh seafood, tour organic farms, and learn to mix some of the great drinks Cuba is known for! We will stay in small hotels and casas particulares – private homes – and listen to some fabulous music!
- Accommodations: Small hotels and casas particulares (private homes) with private bath and hot water
- Included: 7 nights, taxes, 15 meals, local transportation, bi-lingual guide, entry fees
- Not Included: Airfare to Havana, visa, alcoholic drinks (unless part of the tour), gratuities for rooms, breakfast, insurance
Bring: a good appetite and a sense of adventure!