Cuban Endemic BIrds with Arturo Kirkconnell -10d/9n
See most of Cuba's 26 endemic birds in a 10 day tour of the island!
- Pace: Early mornings, walking short distances, hot weather
- 10 days/ 9 nights; extension 6 days / 5 nights
- Scheduled dates: 2018: * January 22-31 (with optional extension to Sierra Maestra National Park and Santiago de Cuba . Extension ends February 3)
- Price: 2018: $3875 per person/double room, based on 8. (with 6: $4075) Extension: $1695 per person/double room, based on 6 or 8 (discount $50 if you are taking tour + extension)
- Single supplement $265 (very limited) (singles are either a double on your own, or a smaller room for one person); Extension: $145.00
- Download detailed January itinerary and Extension
- 2018: May 4-13, May 19-28
- Price: 2018: $3995 per person/double room, based on 8. (with 6: $4195; with 4: $4695)
- Other dates may be available on request with minimum 4 birders
- Single supplement $350 (very limited) (singles are either a double on your own, or a smaller room for one person)
- Download detailed itinerary May Trips
You’ve waited to bird Cuba and now is the time. And you can bird with Cuba’s finest bi-lingual guide, Arturo Kirkconnell, the co-author of the Field Guide to Birds of Cuba. Arturo will lead you to find the endemics which include the Bee Hummingbird, the world’s smallest bird, the beautiful Cuban Trogan, and the precious Cuban Tody, among others.
- Accommodations: Comfortable hotels or B&Bs, with private bath and hot water (possibly not in Sierra Maestra)
- Included: All transportation, 9 nights with taxes, all meals, bilingual bird guide throughout
- Not included: Airfare, alcoholic drinks, gratuities, Insurance
Bring: Binoculars, camera, sunblock, bug juice, hat, long sleeves & long pants. More info given on booking.