Cuba - Film Focused - 8d/7n
- Pace: Fairly easy, lots of walking on cobbled streets, warm weather.
- 8 days/7 nights
- Scheduled dates: 2016: Oct 22-29
- Price: $2095 per person/double, based on 20 passengers (with 16: $2395; with 12: $2650)
- Single supplement: $500
Film has always played a part in Cuba's history, be it propaganda or artistic expression. Join Cine las Americas, the Austin, TX-based film festival and get an interesting perspective into the island nation. Now open for visitors, we feel this is a unique opportunity to show you today's Cuba before big changes come. Movie features include sites used in films such as Our Man in Havana, Soy Cuba, and Fresa y Chocolate. We'll visit several Hemingway haunts including Ambos Mundos, the hotel where he lived in Old Havana, and Finca Vigia, his farm outside the city.
Additionally we have the chance to visit several museums such as Museo de la Revolucion and Belles Artes. And then there's the music, all over Cuba. Two days and nights are spent in Trinidad, on the southern coast of the island, which has amazing music opportunities.
- Accommodations: As indicated in itinerary
- Included: Round trip airport transfers, 7 nights hotel with taxes and daily breakfast, tours as listed with bi-lingual guide and transportation, several meals as listed on detailed itinerary, basic Cuban health insurance policy, donation to Cine las Americas
- Not included: International airfare, meals not listed, gratuities (guides, drivers, maids, wait staff, bellmen, other insurance, alcohol, personal expenses.
Bring: Casual throughout, comfortable walking shoes, camera, sunscreen, open mind. More info given on confirmation