Costa Rica-Rainforest, Cloudforest, Beach-7 nts
Rainforest, Cloudforest & Pacific Beach
- Pace: easy, guided walks & zip-line
- 8 days/ 7 nights
- Scheduled dates: Begin any Saturday
- Price: $1650 per person/double. (holiday surcharges may apply)
This itinerary is the delightful union of the volcanoes and cloud forests of the central Tilaran Mountain Range and the consistently sunny north-western beaches of the Guanacaste Province. A blend of eco-adventure, wildlife viewing, and cultural experiences with the chance to relax and unwind.
Your journey begins as you leave the urban center of Costa Rica’s central valley and head north into the mountains. Your first stop is the renowned La Paz Waterfall Gardens. This unique, enchanting location boasts a comprehensive rescued wildlife preserve, which includes jungle cats, monkeys, birds, butterflies, reptiles and amphibians. Enjoy a walk along a sparkling clear mountain river on a trail that provides easy access and great views of gorgeous waterfalls framed by serene forested mountains. Then continue your journey through the tropical plantations and cattle ranches of the northern central lowland plains before arriving at your hotel in the Arenal region. Explore the Arenal Hanging Bridges, a system of suspended bridges and trails that provide access to the forest floor, and canopy layer of a beautiful rainforest. The plant and animal communities that inhabit different layers of a rainforest can be quite different from one another. The lush vegetation is composed of numerous species of palms, ferns, bromeliads, orchids, heliconias and tall trees. From some of the bridges there are panoramic views of nearby Arenal Volcano.
In Monteverde Cloudforest, you will get the chance to zip-line through the forest, an unique way to see it as you traverse from one treetop to the next. Works for all ages, from children to active seniors. In the afternoon you will take a guided hike through the well groomed Monteverde Cloud Forest Reserve, a private reserve with a lush ecosystem. The Resplendent Quetzal lives here and with luck you'll spot one or two. From the mountains to the plains, you'll spend the last 3 nights in the beach community of Tamarindo. Included is a visit to El Viejo Wetlands, a private wildlife refuge that is home to many migratory and resident bird species, and a visit to Casona de Guanacaste, a cultural and folkloric attraction that demonstrates the hacienda life of this cattle ranching area of Costa Rica.
Note: Arrive San Jose. Depart Liberia
- Accommodations: All good hotels, private bath, hot water. 1st night in San Jose, 1 night Arenal, 2 nights Monteverde, 3 nights Tamarindo Beach area. Note: Arrive San Jose. Depart Liberia
- Included: 7 nights hotel with taxes, daily breakfast, 1 lunch, entry to La Paz Gardens & parks, Canopy Zip-line, guided tour to Arenal Volcano, Monteverde Cloudforest, & El Viejo Wetlands & La Casona
- Not Included: International airfare, airport departure taxes, meals not specified in the itinerary, alcoholic beverages, personal equipment, extras in hotels (laundry, phone calls, room service), gratuities
Bring: Casual throughout, sunblock, insect repellant, sunglasses, camera, batteries