Classic Cars Cuba-5d4n
A rolling car museum – that’s what some folks call Cuba!
- Pace: Easy going, some walking, warm weather
- 5 days/4 nights
- Scheduled dates: 2018 May 2-6
- Price: $1945 per person/double with minimum 12 (with 10: $2045; with 8: $2095; with 6: $2,245)
- Single supplement on request.
- Download detailed itinerary
If you're a classic car buff, you want to visit Cuba NOW and see these fabulous cars. They’re everywhere! Fords, Chevys, Pontiacs, Buicks, Chryslers. Most from the 50’s, a few from the 40’s, but nothing newer.
How are these cars – 60 years old or more – still on the road? Due to the embargo, obviously there is no way to get factory parts. Car owners have used a mix of hand built and improvised parts. You might find a Chevy with a Russian engine, or a cotton candy pink Olds convertible, or bus seats inside a Ford station wagon. These cars are like Cubans themselves; they make do with what they have.
You have the unique opportunity to meet car owners, mechanics, and restorers. Visit the Depósito de Automóvil, Cuba’s official antique car museum, cruise Havana in a classic, learn its history and listen to some fabulous music, the Buena Vista Social Club Project!
- Accommodations: Small hotels with private bath and hot water
- Included: 4 nights hotel, taxes, 8 meals, local transportation, bi-lingual guide, gratuities for driver & meals, entry fees
- Not Included: Airfare to Havana, visa, alcoholic drinks (unless part of the tour), gratuities for rooms, insurance
Bring: a good attitude and a sense of adventure! Maybe a few spare car parts?