Brazil-Tucano with Friends of Brazos-8d/7n
Join your friends from Friends of the Brazos on this intimate sailing in Brazil's Amazon region.
The expedition vessel, Motor Yacht Tucano, ventures far up the least inhabited river in the Amazon Basin: the Rio Negro. It explores areas very rarely visited and seeks out the mysterious life of the wilderness. This trip explores some of the most untouched rainforest in all of the Amazon.
Your 6 night trip on the Tucano is the most thorough, detailed, and sophisticated trip offered in the entire Amazon. The guides are accomplished naturalists and you will see creatures almost never seen by other visitors. The trip is rather like being on a time machine in that you are able to visit places that have not changed for millions of years. Truly the trip of a lifetime!
Dates: Sep 8-15, 2017 8 Days / 7 Nights
Price: Per person, double occupancy. INCLUDES A DONATION TO FRIENDS OF THE BRAZOS
- YELLOW - $4420 per person in double room
- GREEN - $3975 per person in double room
- BLUE - $5998 per person in single room
- Roundtrip transfers Manaus airport to Hotel Tropical (ship is docked there)
- 1 night pre-sailing at Hotel Windham with taxes and breakfast
- 6 nights aboard Tucano, all meals, guided excursions, and bottled water
- departure taxes
- visa fees
- soft drinks or alcoholic beverages
- gratuities, if any
- items of a personal nature
CABINS All cabins have large windows, private baths, and air-conditioning.
- Yellow Cabins: The five cabins in this category are large and have beds side by side. They are numbered 3, 4, 5, 6, and cabin “0”. The beds in cabins 3, 4, 5, and 6 can be joined together to form a queen sized bed. Cabin “0” has a queen size bed beside a single bed, but a quite small bathroom. It can hold three travellers. In triple occupancy, each passenger pays the Green Category rate.
- Green Cabins: The two Green cabins have above and below berths (bunk beds). While the Green cabins are smaller than the Yellow Category cabins, they are comfortable and have large windows, private bathrooms, and air-conditioning. The cabin numbers are 2 and 7.
- Blue Cabins: These two cabins are designated single cabins, numbers 1 and 8. They have a single bed, a private bath, and air conditioning. On request the Blue Category cabins can be converted to Green Category with the insertion of a bunk bed.
- Deposit: A deposit of $500 per person is required to reserve your cabin. Of this, $300 is non-refundable.
- Final Payment: Balance is due July 1, 2017.
- Form of Payment: Deposit by credit card accepted; final payment by check. (Credit cards for final payment - add 3%.)
PRE AND POST ADVENTURES IN BRAZIL AND OTHER SOUTH AMERICAN COUNTRIES AVAILABLE. JUST ASK!