Baja Kayak Espirito Bay-8 nts
- Pace: 3-4 hours kayaking per day, hiking, camping. The trip is fully catered.
- 9 days/ 8 nights
Scheduled dates: 2014 Oct 11-19; Oct 25-Nov 2; Nov 8-16; Nov 15-23; Nov 22-30; Dec 6-14 ($50 per person discount), Dec 20-28 (add $80 per person supplement), Dec 27 - Jan 2 (add $80 per person supplement) 2015 Jan 10-18; Jan 24 - Feb 1; Feb 7-15; Feb 14-22; Mar 14-22; Mar 21-29; Mar 28 - Apr 5; Apr 4-12, Apr 11-19; May 2-10; May 16-24
- Price: $1160 per person/double through 2014, $1150 per person/double Jan - Feb 2015, and April 11 - May 24, 2015, $1290 per person/double March - Apr 12, 2015
Fabulous for the active family (minimum age 6)
Espiritu Santo is one of the planet’s iconic sea-kayaking destinations. The UNESCO site and Mexican National Park island provides unbeatable scenery and spectacular camping beaches. We recommend that it is placed at the top of everyone’s “bucket list”!! Join us for 7 days sea-kayaking around the island in state of the art expedition sea-kayaks. The rugged shoreline, off-shore islands and series of headlands and deep bays make each day a new adventure. The west coast of Espiritu is studded with some of the most spectacular white, sandy bays you can imagine while the east coast has enormous towering cliffs, bizarre rock formations and alluring sea caves. After paddling approximately 3-4 hours each day we will have plenty of time to snorkel, swim with sea lion pups, hike intriguing volcanic arroyos, bathe in the glorious Baja sun, watch manta rays leap up out of the water, admire a school of dolphins, explore hidden inland lagoons, sip a margarita and relax in great company. Isla Espiritu Santo really is paddling in paradise.
The wildlife is amazing - Californian Sea-lions, tropical fish, endemic ring-tailed cat (Babisuri), whales (seasonal), dolphins, manta rays, Pelicans, Blue-footed Boobies, Ospreys, Frigates, Herons and Egrets.
- Accommodations: Camping with 2 nights in La Paz hotel.
- Included: Certified, bi-lingual naturalist guide(s) & cook(s). Singles and/or double kayaks, all kayaking gear, camping equipment, transportation to and from your La Paz hotel to the Island. All food and beverages during expedition including, cold beers, happy hour and wine with evening meal. Two nights hotel in La Paz. Farewell Dinner in La Paz restaurant.
- Not included: International air, Airport Transfers
Bring: Swim wear, towel, Tevas, hiking shoes, sunscreen, bug juice, flashlight, sleeping bag (or rent). Details on booking. Available for rent: Sleeping bags, snorkel sets and wet suits.
* This trip is Fully Catered, and a motor boat (panga) escorts the group and transports all your gear from one camp to the next. This means that your kayak is light and of course, there is no need to pack and unpack it each day. As well as your kayak guides, you have a cook and cook’s assistant, so while you are out paddling, hiking or snorkeling your next meal is being prepared and our crew takes care of all the washing up. Also, having a motor boat along means that we are able to take ice chests full of cold beer and other refreshing beverages. We are also able to offer a more flexible program. For instance, younger children may choose to ride in the panga to the next camping beach. We can also provide side trips to otherwise inaccessible snorkeling locations or go on a fishing trip to catch dinner. We can carry larger shades, tables and chairs so camping becomes a more comfortable experience. You will even have a solar shower to rinse off at the end of each day. Please note that we still require your assistance to set and take down your own tent and help loading and unloading the boat every time we change camp.
Sustainability - our kayaking outfitters are committed eco-tourism. They hire 100% locally, and promote from within. They work with local school for outdoor education. They work closely with environmental groups and adhere to the standards necessary in the delicate eco-system where they operate.