Concept: Unique island accommodation & PADI Dive Resort set among beautifully landscaped tropical gardens, secluded from the hustle and bustle and yet close to everything on Roatan.
This small eco lodge has a fabulous view of the Atlantic with stunning sunrises and sunsets. The beach in front of the lodge allows for easy shore snorkeling and the swimming pool is a lovely way to cool off after a day in the sun. With only 7 rooms, you’ll get to know the owners, Chris and Monica, well.
Location: Situated in Sandy Bay on the north side of Roatan, the largest of the Bay Islands of Honduras. Direct flights serve Roatan from several US gateways.
Accommodations: Talk about unique – each room at TranquilSeas is a unique work of art. Instead of room numbers, they have names of island creatures. Much creativity and fun went into the rooms; they are colorful, spacious, and comfortable, with beautiful Guatemalan bed covers, a small kitchenette, A/C, and bathrooms with huge showers with tiled nature scenes. Outside each room is a small balcony with hammock and a view of the Atlantic Ocean!
- Hummingbird - Sleeps 2. The front cabana, with fantastic 180 degree ocean views and private deck with hammock this really is the ultimate view to wake up to.
- Eagle Ray - Queen Bed sleeps 2. Nestled slightly higher than Hummingbird, once again allowing for that fantastic view. Private deck with hammock.
- Tree Frog - Queen Bed sleeps 2. Set amongst the seclusion of the tree canopy with private deck and hammock only footsteps from the freshwater pool, bar and restaurant.
- Turtle or Tortuga - Queen Bed sleeps 2. The lower level of the 2-story cabana, with a unique entrance, surrounded by tropical plant life and a private deck with hammock this is a great secluded getaway.
- Gecko - 2 Double beds, sleeps up to 4. Lovely view of the ocean from the balcony.
- King Crab - One bed - sleeps 2.
- Octopus - Sleeps up to 8. The largest , with several bedrooms and wash rooms, providing excellent space for groups or multi-generational families. great for a group or extended family, One double room with private bath, a room with 2 queen size beds, which also shares a bathroom with the final room which consists of 4 bunk beds.
Dining: The onsite restaurant, the Sunken Fish, is made up of decks of many levels, each with a view of the Atlantic and colorful cushions on furniture made of local wood. Breakfast is included with the room rate and dinner is served on request.
But we advise you don’t miss Tapas Tuesday & Thursday at TranquilSeas. Monica, Chris’ wife, hails from Spain and her food really shines on this night. Small plates include fried calamari, spicy shrimp, tangy hot wings, avocado and shrimp salad, and black bean/mango salad. It’s a little Spanish, a little Caribbean. There is usually live music this night too, and the bartender will blend your favorite tropical drinks or serve up local beer.
Activities: The island of Roatan Honduras is one of the world's top scuba diving vacation destinations. Located in the western Caribbean Sea at the second largest barrier reef in the world, this exotic tropical island has everything for our dive vacation, wreck diving, scuba lessons and certification, fun dives, day or night. Roatan has a hyperbaric chamber located at the Cornerstone Medical Clinic at Anthony's Key Resort in Sandy Bay, just a short drive from Tranquilseas.
TranquilSeas is a PADI dive shop and Chris and his team offer PADI courses, fun dives and an amazing variety of different dive sites. Chris is certified by the Royal Yachting Association to a high standard and he runs a tight ship. His equipment is new and in very good condition, and he follows the proper rules for divers.
But Roatan is a great place for non-divers, too. Chris can show you the island and tell you its history. He is a little opinionated but quite knowledgeable, and his island tour was recently voted the No. 1 tour on the island by a local newspaper.
Other activities on the island are kayaking, fishing, windsurfing, canopy zipline, and the dolphin encounter.
Pricing: Call for rates on 3 & 7 night dive packages