Panamonte Inn & Spa
Concept: Since 1914, the Panamonte Inn & Spa has hosted travelers and explorers the world over. The Inn is owned and run by the Collins-Elliot family, who for more than 50 years has harmoniously blended their Scandinavian traditions with the friendliness and natural beauty of Boquete. ThePanamonte is the perfect base for exploring the Chiriquí Highlands, and it is the only full-service lodging option in Boquete, offering a deluxe SPA, fireside lounge, excursion planning, and a regionally renowned gourmet restaurant.
Location: the lovely mountain town of Boquete, the Chiriqui Highlands of western Panama. Known for its lovely climate and friendly residents, Boquete has been named one of the best places to retire or own a second home. Now a growing Ex-Pat community are active in Boquete.
Accommodations: All guestrooms are equipped with newly upgraded bathrooms, telephones, hair dryers, air-conditioning, security safe, Wi-Fi, and Sky TV; suites feature fluffy robes and slippers. All rooms are surrounded by beautiful gardens full of birds and butterflies, with lots of outdoor areas for lounging … or napping.
- The Garden Honeymoon Suite: the best room of the house and a favorite with newlyweds, romantic couples, and those seeking to splurge a little and pamper themselves.
- Garden Junior Suites: Three stylish suites with oversized bedrooms, terraces situated high enough to view the lush mountainous surroundings, plush Queen-size beds with 500-count linens, and deluxe bathrooms with glass-walled showers.
- Garden Terrace Rooms: new rooms set back in the gardens of the Panamonte, boasting beautiful mountain views, tastefully furnished and exceptionally comfortable, with King-size beds and a small, private outdoor seating area.
- The original Panamonte Inn consists of small and cozy Standard Rooms, and the Ingrid Bergman Honeymoon Suite.
Dining: The Panamonte is renowned for its gourmet cuisine and its cozy fireside lounge and bar. People come from near and far to savor the flavorful creations of co-owner and award-winning chef Charlie Collins, who has fused his overseas culinary experience with his passion for Panamanian cuisine to produce a menu that is both international and indigenous. Try the pumpkin soup - trust us!
Activities: Guests love the fresh scent of the inn’s beautifully tended gardens, and that the Panamonte is on a country road just a 5-minute walk to downtown. It is the ideal base for enjoying one of Boquete’s annual festivals, river rafting, canopy rides, trekking, bird watching, and private visits to coffee farms.
Pricing: Two (2) night package, includes taxes and daily breakfast. Price is per person based on double occupancy
- Garden Honeymoon Suite (1 King Bed )
- Junior Suites (2 Queen Beds)
- Garden Terraces (1 King Bed)
- Apartment Room (Three Bedroom Cottage, 4 Twin Beds and 1 Queen Bed • Five and Six persons)
- Honeymoon Suite (1 King Bed)
- Standard Room (2 Twin Beds)
Sustainability: The Panamonte has been in business for almost 100 years, making it one of the original hospitality businesses in the country. Many employees have been with them for over 20 years, and there are several second or more generations staff! About 60% of the food offered comes from this very area; a full 90% from within Panama. Talk about locally sourced!