Lamanai Lodge Belize
Concept: Situated on the banks of a 28 mile long spring fed lagoon amid the remnants of a major Maya city, the Lamanai Outpost Lodge is surrounded by an incredible variety of habitats that facilitate unsurpassed nature-based and soft-adventure activities. At Lamanai Outpost you can choose from the Belize's largest range of fully guided soft-adventure experiences that start right from your cabaña’s doorstep. Some 400 species of birds have been spotted within a 3-mile radius, and you can easily get 200+ in a 3 day stay. No need to drive to another location!
Location: On the New River, north of Belize City airport, surrounded by jungle and ruins. In only 90 minutes from touchdown, you will be in the jungle - arriving overland and the final stretch on the river.
Accommodations: Lamanai Outpost has twenty double Cabanas
- Most have one queen size bed and one double bed
- Some are designed to accommodate triples and families
- All have hot and cold private bath
- All have mini-fridge, verandah and more than adequate shelving and storage space
- Although there are only two air conditioned rooms, natural ventilation is excellent. All Cabanas have high output ceiling fans and there is a prevailing breeze that comes in from the lagoon Casitas
Dining: All meals are full service, and vegetarian and other specialized diets are routinely accommodated (with prior notice) Fixed menus; varied choice for breakfast; two course lunch; three course dinner. Coffee, tea, cocoa are available all day. There is also a full service bar.
Activities: A full menu of things to do, including morning bird hikes, or sunrise canoe expedition, visiting the Maya Ruins, or learning about medicinal plants and traditional uses. In the evenings we recommend the sunset cocktail cruise or nighttime spotlight nature safari!
Pricing: Low Season: May 1 - Dec 16, 2015
- $556 per person in double room for 2-night package
- $758 per person in double room for 3-night package
- $962 per person in double room for 4-night package
High Season: Dec 17, 2015 - Apr 30, 2016
- $721 per person in double room for 2-night package
- $982 per person in double room for 3-night package
- $1247 per person in double room for 4-night package
Low Season: May 1 - Dec 16, 2016
- $612 per person in double room for 2-night package
- $834 per person in double room for 3-night package
- $1058 per person in double room for 4-night package
Package includes superior garden view room, all meals, airport transfers, taxes, & 2 activities per night
- Children rates: Ages 3-14 get 55% discount when sharing with adult. Children below 3 years, the cost is $125 (regardless of length of stay)
Sustainability: The Caribbean Tourism Organization’s (CTO) mission is to provide the services and information needed for the development of sustainable tourism for the economic and social benefit of the Caribbean people. In this light, the CTO Sustainable Tourism Awards are aimed at identifying and showcasing Sustainable Tourism Best Practices in the Caribbean. The award recognizes persons, organization or company in any Caribbean Tourism Organization Member Countries that have developed a unique and attractive tourism product embracing sustainable tourism concepts and core values, and which help to enhance the country’s tourism product offerings.