Custom Costa Rica
Custom Costa Rica Adventure Tour
- Moderate pace, lots of activities for all ages
- Duration: Your choice
- Available year round
- Price: Contact us
Costa Rica is a fabulous destination for a multi-generational family group, and activities of all kinds can be included. There is something for everyone. Here are a sample itinerary including Arenal Volcano and Manuel Antonio beach.
Spend your first and last nights in San Jose (depending on fight schedules), but head to the cloud forest area around Arenal Volcano and the beach at Manuel Antonio National Park. The volcano is still active, but not spewing as it did for several years. However it produces enough hot, steamy water for the thermal baths. Other activities in the area include:
- Arenal Hanging Bridges Hike a 600 acre reserve filled with lush vegetation and a variety of birds and animals which your experienced guide will help you spot. The trail itself is 1.9 miles (3.1 km) in length, crossing nine fixed bridges and 6 suspension bridges and is laid out at a maximum grade of 7 degrees so that anyone can walk it.
- White Water Rafting, Class II-III Challenge yourself as you paddle through fun & safe rolling rapids with names like "Morning Coffee" & "Rock around the Croc" and then play around in tranquil river pools in an isolated rainforest river canyon! And only 30 minutes from La Fortuna!
- Horseback Riding to La Fortuna Waterfall Discover a world of nature and healthy fun with our docile and well cared for horses.
- Volcano Hike & Hot Springs Join up on a trail through the rainforest below the Arenal Volcano where you have the possibility of spotting monkeys and a large variety of birds, including toucans and trogons.
- Windsurf Guaranteed-Beginner Have you been frustrated learning how to windsurf? Lake Arenal is one of the best sites in the world for windsurfing, and just about everyone has success on the first day on the lake!
From Arenal you head to the beach area of Manuel Antonio. A variety of activities to share with the family include:
- Surfing Lessons - Don’t miss out on some of the best waves in Central America. Need a board? No problem! We have top of the line equipment waiting for you. Don’t know how to surf? No problem!
- Canopy Zip Line A spectacular river with waterfalls is the backdrop for 17 platforms carefully built in the canopy of the Rain Forest.
- Tour in National Park with Naturalist Guide Manuel Antonio is one of Costa Rica’s most famous National Parks. Following a professional nature interpreter along this moderate three-hour walk will open your eyes to the wonders of this tropical forest and its natural history. You can expect to see various species of monkeys, plus white nosed coati-mondis, sloths, agoutis, butterflies, iguanas and various birds.
- Aerial Tram A cascading 40-foot waterfall, giant rainforest trees and panoramic views of the ocean are all part of the ride at the Pacific Rain Forest Aerial Tram.
- Santa Juana Village Tour: Canopy Platforms + Horseback Ride + Guided Jungle Trails + Waterfalls + Tilapia Ponds + Village Lunch. 3 of Costa Rica’s Greatest Adventures in 1 Extraordinary Day - perfect for people who love the magic of nature and also the thrill of flying through jungle covered mountains at treetop levels. Perfect for adults and families with kids, this exclusive tour combines the extraordinary Santa Juana Rural Mountain Adventure, with a Guided Horseback and User-Friendly Nature Walk Tour, and the region’s most popular Zip Line Canopy Tour – all three adventures combined for less than the cost of doing any two tours separately.
Travelers seeking immersion in nature and uncrowded locales can delight in many choices. Included in this list are the Osa Penninsula, Uvita and the Pacuare River.
JB Journeys can customize any itinerary for your family or group, to include what you desire. Our hope is to make it a trip to remember for years to come.